At the Timothy Gent Gallery I am dedicated to safeguarding and preserving your privacy when visiting my website or communicating electronically with me.
This privacy notice explains what information I collect from you, what I do with it, and who it might be shared with. It applies to information collected on this website as well as my related social media channels and any personal information you provide to me by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence, and in person.
I update this information from time to time. The last time I reviewed it was on 6 April 2018. Please do return and review it regularly. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Timothy Gent.
How do I use your information?
I collect some information automatically when you use my website and social media. This might include your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, your browsing activity, and other information about how you interacted with my website or social media.
I may process information that you voluntarily provide to me during the course of using my website, or when communicating with me. This includes information such as your name and contact details. The source of the data is you.
Your information may be processed so I can:
- • Operate the website, provide my services, for record-keeping, maintaining back-ups of my database and communicating with you. The legal basis for this processing is my legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of the website and business and communications with users.
- • Offer, market and sell relevant goods and/or services to you. The legal basis for this processing is consent.
- • Send you relevant notifications and/or newsletters. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
I may process any of your personal information identified in this policy necessary for the:
- • Establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure. The legal basis for this processing is my legitimate interests, namely the protection and assertion of my legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of others.
- • Purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, or obtaining professional advice. The legal basis for this processing is my legitimate interests, namely the proper protection of my business against risks.
- • Necessary compliance with a legal obligation to which I am subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
Please do not supply any other person's personal data to me, unless I prompt you to do so.
Do I provide your personal information to others?
I may disclose your personal data to my insurers and/or professional advisers as reasonably necessary for the obtaining or maintaining of insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
Financial transactions relating to the website and services are handled by payment services providers, Paypal. I will share transaction data with Paypal only to the extent necessary to process your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. You can find information about the payment services providers' privacy policies and practices at www.paypal.co.uk.
Also, I may disclose your personal information where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which I am subject. Or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. I may also disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
International transfers of your personal information
I have no offices or facilities outside of the United Kingdom. The hosting facilities for the website are currently situated in the United Kingdom.
You acknowledge that any personal information that you submit for publication through the website or services may be available, via the internet, around the world. I cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others.
How long do I hold my personal information for before deleting?
Your personal information shall not be kept for longer than is necessary. It will be retained for a minimum period of 1 year and a maximum period of 2 years.
Nevertheless, I may hold your personal information where necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which I an subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
For information about how to manage cookies see https://cookiesandyou.com
Cookies I use
• Google Analytics
I use Google Analytics to analyse the use of my website. The information gathered relating to my website is used to create reports about the use of my website. This helps me personalize, analyse the use and performance of my website and services and store information about your preferences.
• Silktide Insights
How do I manage cookies?
If you agree to accept cookies, then this may also include placing cookies on your machine by my service providers.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome)
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox)
- http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera)
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer)
- https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac (Safari)
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge)
Blocking all cookies will make many websites less useable and you may not be able to use all the features on the website. For more information about cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org
How do I contact the Timothy Gent Gallery?
This website www.timothygent.co.uk is owned and operated by Timothy Gent
My place of business is 1 Eckford Village Cottages, Kelso, Roxburghshire, TD5 8LG.
Who is the data protection officer?
The data protection officer's contact details are: Timothy Gent firstname.lastname@example.org.